Job Description and Person Specification
Job title: Marine Mechanical Engineer Supervisor.
Responsible to: Company Director
- Mechanical Services represent leading engine brands, including both Yamaha outboards and Volvo Penta inboard engines and transmission systems.
- This role would be suited to an experienced and qualified Marine engineer [mechanically biased with electrical proficiency] from a leisure or smaller commercial background, with demonstrable experience.
- Full time, 45 hrs per week. Competitive salary based upon experience
£25,000-£30,000 + overtime. Corporate clothing and company vehicle provided.
- An Engineer keen to progress their managerial career within a stable and technically varied environment, who will thrive in the challenges of overseeing the Marine team and department.
- A team player and open minded person who is willing to work alongside other departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Installation, servicing and repair of a wide variety of marine inboard and outboard engines. These will be both 2 and 4 stroke petrol and diesel engines which include fuel injection and computerised diagnostics
2. Main brand training would be advantageous but not a necessity, as continued training will be available.
3. Ability to work under pressure.
4. Willing to work overtime, and be reactive to short notice.
5. Flexibility to travel when required [a driving license is essential for the position]
6. Further to your mechanical experience, experience in a marine electronics environment would be beneficial.
7. You will be responsible for the day to day works expected of this role, plus being a face of the service side of the brand, aiming to promote the business at every opportunity.
8. You will be expected to work independently whilst being responsible for managing the Marine team, in organising engine and boat service work.
9. Ensure that company policies, procedures and operations comply with relevant customer, company and industry wide requirements; taking all necessary action required to ensure company objectives are achieved whilst being within the commercial interest of the business as a whole.
- Possess GCSE (or equivalent) standard Maths & English with sound IT skill sets.
- You will have completed a Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship.
- You will be able to demonstrate ability, and previous experience within an engineering environment [possessing good engine and general workshop skills]
- A working knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety regulations.
- The ability to maintain a very high standard of safety, tidiness and cleanliness at all times.
- A flexible approach is essential in this reactive environment.